Why you should import Facebook comments to WordPress?
- Facebook comments are visible to your blog visitors but not to Search engine. The reason is that the Facebook comments gets displayed on your blog using IFrame, which is not visible to search engine bots. Hence, all such comments won’t be the part of indexing.
- More Comments means Good SEO (considering few factors such as no spam comments etc.) so it’s good to have more comments on your blog.
- If you have to remove Facebook comments from your blog in future for some reason then all the old comments would be there in the blog’s database. The blog’s SEO won’t be affected in such case.
Image Credit: FLICKR
Plugins for Importing Facebook Comments to WordPress or Disqus
Below are the popular and Most downloaded WordPress plugins for importing Facebook comments to WordPress/ Disqus or any other comment system using WordPress database for displaying comments-
- http://wordpress.org/plugins/seo-facebook-comments/ 147,971 Downloads; Rating: 4.5
- http://wordpress.org/plugins/facebook-comments-importer/ 23,388 Downloads; Rating 2.8
- http://wordpress.org/plugins/fb-comments-importer/ 3,302 Downloads; Rating 4.9
Install any of the above plugin (first plugin is recommended), activate it on your blog. All you need to do is provide App-ID, Secret Key and Admin ID in configuration page, rest all the plugin will itself do. It takes time to import all the comments depending on the size of the blog so have patience and wait for sometime to get everything done as expected.
If you feel strongly that any other WordPress plugin is better than the mentioned ones, feel free to let us know by dropping a comment below. Also, do let others know whether you really feel the need to import FB comments?