Here we will discuss how to build quality backlinks but before that I just want you to have a basic knowledge of backlinks type. For this refer this guide: What is dofollow link?
what is quality backlink?
Anchor text role
A backlinks with targeted keyword in anchor text is termed as quality backlinks. let me explain this with the help of an example:
<a href = http://democutepuppies.com>findcutepuppies</a>
In above example “findcutepuppies” is anchor text, checkout the domain name its “cutepuppies” so in this case anchor text is related to the domain and it can be termed as quality backlink. lets take another example-
<a href = http://democutepuppies.com>xyzabc</a>
In this example xyzabc is anchor text, which is nowhere representing the website so it is just a backlink.
Niche of linking website:
If a car website is pointing to a website of flowers then that backlink is nowhere relevant, hence it cannot be termed as a quality backlink.
Why should I get quality backlinks?
“Quality always matters not quantity”
single quality backlink is more valuable than hundreds of useless backlinks. quality backlink passes more link juice, it also helps to rank higher for the targeted keyword used in anchor text of the backlink.
How to build quality backlinks?
1) Guest posting: It is one of the best way to build quality backlinks because in such case you can choose desired keyword in anchor text of the backlink. Choose high PR site in same niche and submit a guest post, it will surely boost your website ranking, also it is a great souce of driving traffic to your blog.
2) Commenting on same niche blogs: You can also build quality backlinks by commenting on blogs in same niche. Try to build backlinks from those websites, which offers dofollow backlinks as nofollow link doesn’t pass any link juice and thereby it doesn’t influence page rank. We do not recommend this method now.
3) Write quality content:One of the effective method of getting quality backlink is by writing quality content as if others will write about the related topic they will surely link back to you (why they will link to my article? because of Contextual Citation) If you are not aware of contextual citation then find it below. you can also refer my on page seo checklist, which I use for optimizing my own post.
Along with getting quality backlinks, it is also important to link other trustworthy sources with focus keywords. why I am mentioning this?
OK, let me explain this. if you are writing a post about some xyz topic and you don’t have any external link to other source then Google bot doesn’t considers it as a quality article as you are not providing references to your readers. Hence whenever you write about something, try to figure out some trusted source such as wikipedia and other high PR sites and link them from your articles, it will surely help your webpage to rank higher as you are providing more information to your readers by linking to the related information.
4) Build quality backlinks from Social Bookmarking Sites
We do not recommend this method now.
By submitting your blog to social bookmarking sites, your website can gain quality backlinks and a decent amount of traffic.It will also help to get index your new post within 24 hours.
Few of my favourite social bookmarking sites are:
- Digg – what the internet is talking about right now
- Reddit – the front page of the internet
5) Use social networking sites to promote your content
Social networking sites such as twitter and facebook become an effective way of promoting content. These sites become a great source of driving traffic towards your blog. Don’t overlook importance of such social networking sites, its time to become active on them, share your content on these sites on regular basis. But before that build good relationships with others and form a good community, which should interested in your niche.
6) Other options, which you can also try
- Comment on comment Luv enabled blogs can help you to achieve your Goal.
- Use article marketing to promote your content.
- Try out document sharing sites.
Read more about backlinks at Wikipedia.