Earlier we shared a manual method of automatically generating post thumbnail from the first image in WordPress, the method requires you to edit the functions.php file in WordPress themes. In this post we have shared a plugin called Auto Post thumbnail, which does the same task without manual intervention. So for those, who do not want to mess with their theme files, this plugin can be very handy.
Image Credit: Fitzy at http://www.flickr.com/
Download link for auto post thumbnail
You can download this free plugin from the below WordPress directory’s link:
What this plugin does?
- It automatically generates post thumbnail from the first image in post, Alternatively you can define a default image for the posts, which doesn’t have any image.
- If the post already has a thumbnail, this plugin skips that post and do not override anything.
- To stop the plugin from being generating thumbnails, add skip_post_thumb.
- It automatically generates the thumbnails in batch for the already published posts, if you already have too many published posts without thumbnail that this feature can be very useful for adding thumbnail to them.
- Custom option to define default thumbnail (fallback image) for the posts without thumbnails.
Let us know if you know any other way of generating post thumbnails automatically. If you feel that there is any other free plugin which does this job better than this, feel free to say it below by dropping a public comment. Do share your thoughts below.