Excel is an application program designed by company Microsoft. Excel is mainly used to organize the data and perform mathematical calculations on data. An excel sheet, also known as workbook is like a spreadsheet that consists of rows and columns. The first version of Excel was released in 1985.
What is Excel mainly used for?
There are countless uses of Excel, few of them are as follows:
- Data Entry
- Data Analysis
- Data Management
- Data operations such as sorting, filtering and combining the data.
Operating systems that are compatible with Microsoft Excel?
It supports Windows, macOS, Android and iOS.
Why use Excel?
- Easy to learn
- Popular: Used by large number of peoples, be it a office worker or an individual doing simple calculation for the household.
- Suitable for beginner as well as advanced professionals: It is easy to start working with Excel even as a beginner, as you learn more advanced stuff, you can do so much more with the Excel.
- Support: Since there is a large community that uses Excel, it is often easy to get the support.
- Up to date: As the operating systems are continuously evolving, Microsoft is keeping the Excel up to date with the frequent patches and new version releases.
- Reusability: It is easy to create templates and share among your co-worker and friends to save their time, so they don’t have to create a template from the scratch for a task, for which a template is already created.
So far in this post, we learned What is Microsoft Excel and why it is so popular among data enthusiasts. This is just an introduction to Excel, we will start learning the basics of Excel starting from our next tutorial.
Leave a Reply